English Online Dictionary. What means yeah? What does yeah mean?
Colloquial form of yea or yes. Compare nah.
- IPA(key): /ˈjɛ(ə)/, /ˈjæ.(ə)/
- Rhymes: -ɛə, -ɛ, -æ
- (colloquial) yes.
- (colloquial) Used to express acknowledgment of what was previously said.
- yes, yep, yup, aye, ya, yea, uh-huh
Note: Many languages have no exact equivalent of this word; in those cases, the translations given here are for yes.
- Expressing joy, celebration, glee, etc.
- hurrah, hurray, woohoo, yay, yippee
- yeah right
yeah (plural yeahs)
- Pronunciation spelling of year.
- Haye, haye, heya
(This etymology is missing or incomplete. Please add to it, or discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium. Particularly: “From English?”)
- (Hong Kong Cantonese) V sign
- (Hong Kong Cantonese) to make a V sign
- (Hong Kong Cantonese, somewhat dated) cool; stylish