English Online Dictionary. What means withdrawal? What does withdrawal mean?
From withdraw + -al.
- IPA(key): /wɪðˈdɹɔː(ə)l/, /wɪθˈdɹɔː(ə)l/
- (informal, US) IPA(key): /ˈwɪθˌdɹɔːl/
- (intrusive r) IPA(key): /wɪðˈdɹɔːɹəl/, /wɪθˈdɹɔːɹəl/
withdrawal (countable and uncountable, plural withdrawals)
- Receiving from someone's care what one has earlier entrusted to them. Usually refers to money.
- A method of birth control which consists of removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculation.
- A type of metabolic shock the body undergoes when a substance, usually a toxin such as heroin, to which a patient is dependent is withheld. Sometimes used with the substance as modifier.
- heroin withdrawal
- nicotine withdrawal
- caffeine withdrawal
- An act of withdrawing or a state of being withdrawn.
- The sum of money taken from a bank account.
- (receiving from someone's care): deposit