English Online Dictionary. What means wallpaper? What does wallpaper mean?
wall + paper
wallpaper (countable and uncountable, plural wallpapers)
- (uncountable) Decorative paper-like material used to cover the inner walls of buildings.
- (countable) A roll of such paper.
- (countable) A style or design of such material.
- He is letting her select the wallpapers for the whole house.
- (uncountable, figurative, sometimes attributive) Anything that serves as a background or part of the surroundings.
- (computing, countable, uncountable) An image or tiled pattern used as the background of a computer desktop.
- (television, slang) Generic footage of a building or location that may be used in the background of a related news report.
- (philately, informal) Gaudy mass-produced stamps, typically of little or no value and only produced for sale to collectors.
- (CB radio slang) A radio operator's collection of awards and QSL cards.
- (computing: background image): desktop image, desktop pattern, background
- aural wallpaper
- ingrain wallpaper
- LED wallpaper
- woodchip wallpaper
wallpaper (third-person singular simple present wallpapers, present participle wallpapering, simple past and past participle wallpapered)
- (transitive) To cover (a wall, a room, etc) with wallpaper.
- (cover with wallpaper): paper