English Online Dictionary. What means uncertainty? What does uncertainty mean?
From Middle English uncerteynte; equivalent to un- + certainty or uncertain + -ty.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ʌnˈsɜːtənti/
- (US) IPA(key): /ʌnˈsɝtənti/
uncertainty (countable and uncountable, plural uncertainties)
- (uncountable) Doubt; the condition of being uncertain or without conviction.
- (countable) Something uncertain or ambiguous.
- (uncountable, mathematics) A parameter that measures the dispersion of a range of measured values.
- uncertainty on Wikipedia.Wikipedia