English Online Dictionary. What means ultimately? What does ultimately mean?
ultimate + -ly
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈʌl.tɪ.mɪt.lɪ/, /ˈʌl.tɪ.mət.li/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈʌl.tɪ.mɪt.li/, [ˈʌl.tɪ.mɪɾ.li], IPA(key): /ˈʌl.tə.mət.li/
- (General Australian) IPA(key): /ˈʌl.tɪ.mɪt.li/, [ˈʌl.tɪ.mɪɾ.li]
- Hyphenation: ul‧tim‧ate‧ly
ultimately (not comparable)
- Indicating the last item.
- Synonyms: at last, finally, in the end; see also Thesaurus:lastly
- Indicating the most important action.
- Synonyms: at the end of the day, when all is said and done; see also Thesaurus:fundamentally
- (linguistics) Used to indicate the etymon at which a given etymological derivation terminates.
- Synonym: terminal etymon
- “ultimately”, in OneLook Dictionary Search.