English Online Dictionary. What means taking? What does taking mean?
- IPA(key): /ˈteɪkɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -eɪkɪŋ
taking (comparative more taking, superlative most taking)
- Alluring; attractive.
- (obsolete) Infectious; contagious.
taking (countable and uncountable, plural takings)
- The act by which something is taken.
- (uncountable) A seizure of someone's goods or possessions.
- (uncountable) A state of mental distress, resulting in excited or erratic behavior (in the expression in a taking).
- (in the plural) Cash or money received (by a shop or other business, for example).
- Synonyms: income, receipts
- Fred was concerned because the takings from his sweetshop had fallen again for the third week.
- Count the shop's takings.
- present participle and gerund of take
- Hyphenation: ta‧king
- IPA(key): /ˈtakiŋ/, [ˈta.xɪŋ]
- (Taal Batangas) boy
- Synonyms: totoy, toto, tuto, itoy