English Online Dictionary. What means surprising? What does surprising mean?
From surprise + -ing.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /səˈpɹaɪzɪŋ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /sɚˈpɹaɪzɪŋ/
- (General American, r-dissimilation) IPA(key): /səˈpɹaɪzɪŋ/
- Hyphenation: sur‧pris‧ing
- Rhymes: -aɪzɪŋ
- present participle and gerund of surprise
surprising (comparative more surprising, superlative most surprising)
- Causing surprise.
- astonishing, unexpected
surprising (plural surprisings)
- A situation in which somebody is surprised.