English Online Dictionary. What means recovery? What does recovery mean?
- recovre (obsolete)
From Middle English recoveree, from Old French recovree, from recovrer (“recover”).
- IPA(key): /ɹɪˈkʌvəɹi/, /ɹɪˈkʌvɹi/
- (weak vowel merger) IPA(key): /ɹəˈkʌvəɹi/, /ɹəˈkʌvɹi/
recovery (countable and uncountable, plural recoveries)
- The act or process of regaining or repossession of something lost.
- A return to normal health.
- A return to former status or position.
- The act of regaining the natural position after curtseying.
- The act of regaining the position of guard after making an attack, in fencing, sparring, etc.
- (economics) Renewed growth after a slump.
- (finance) The recovery of debt.
- (law) A verdict giving somebody the right to recover debts or costs.
- (mining) The extraction of an ore from a mine, or of a metal from an ore
- (gaming) The ability to recover or regain health.
- Alternative form of recoveree