English Online Dictionary. What means recipient? What does recipient mean?
Borrowed from Middle French récipient, from Latin recipiēns, present participle of recipiō (“to receive”).
- IPA(key): /ɹəˈsɪp.i.ənt/
- IPA(key): /ɹɪ.ˈsɪ.pi.ənt/
recipient (plural recipients)
- One who receives.
- Synonym: addressee
- (medicine) An individual receiving donor organs or tissues.
- (chemistry) The portion of an alembic or other still in which the distilled liquid is collected.
“Recipient” is often reserved for the act of receiving such things as awards or medals; “receiver” is used for insignificant items.
recipient (not comparable)
- Alambics on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
Borrowed from Latin recipientem.
- (Balearic) IPA(key): /rə.si.piˈent/
- (Central) IPA(key): /rə.si.piˈen/
- (Valencian) IPA(key): /re.si.piˈent/
recipient m (plural recipients)
- recipient, container
- third-person plural future active indicative of recipiō
Borrowed from French récipient.
recipient n (plural recipiente)