English Online Dictionary. What means paid? What does paid mean?
- payed (archaic)
- IPA(key): /ˈpeɪd/
- Rhymes: -eɪd
- Homophone: payed
From pay + -ed.
- simple past and past participle of pay
From Middle English paid, payd, ipaid, ypayd, past participle of Middle English paien, payen (“to pay”), equivalent to pay + -ed.
paid (not comparable)
- That is not free of charge; that costs money.
- Synonyms: nonfree, for-pay
- Antonyms: free, gratis
- paid service
- (slang) Rich, wealthy
- DIPA, PADI, apid, iPad
From Proto-Finnic *paita, from Proto-Germanic *paidō.
From Proto-Finnic *paita, borrowed from Proto-Germanic *paidō.
- (men's) shirt
- IPA(key): /pai̯d/
- Rhymes: -ai̯d
- inflection of peidio:
- third-person singular present indicative/future literary
- second-person singular imperative