English Online Dictionary. What means occasional? What does occasional mean?
occasion + -al
- IPA(key): /əˈkeɪʒ(ə)nəl/
- Hyphenation: oc‧ca‧sion‧al
occasional (comparative more occasional, superlative most occasional)
- Occurring or appearing irregularly from time to time, but not often.
- Created for a specific occasion.
- Intended for use as the occasion requires.
- Acting in the indicated role from time to time.
occasional (plural occasionals)
- A person who does something only occasionally.
- “occasional”, in OneLook Dictionary Search.
- “occasional”, in The Century Dictionary […], New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911, →OCLC.