English Online Dictionary. What means identification? What does identification mean?
From French identification.
- IPA(key): /ɪˌdɛntɪfɪˈkeɪʃən/, /aɪˌdɛntɪfɪˈkeɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- Hyphenation: iden‧ti‧fi‧ca‧tion
identification (countable and uncountable, plural identifications)
- (strictly) The act of identifying (i.e., which one, which thing).
- Coordinate terms: authentication, authentification
- (broadly, often) The combination of identifying (which one, which thing) and validating the identity (proving or confirming it); identifying and authenticating viewed as a unitary concept in cognition.
- The state of being identified.
- (countable) A particular instance of identifying something.
- information necessary to make a good identification
- A document or documents serving as evidence of a person's identity.
- The authorities asked for his identification.
- Synonyms: ID, documents, papers
- A feeling of support, sympathy, understanding, or belonging towards somebody or something.
- identification on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
From the Late Latin verb identificare.
- IPA(key): /i.dɑ̃.ti.fi.ka.sjɔ̃/
identification f (plural identifications)
- “identification”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.