English Online Dictionary. What means fabulous? What does fabulous mean?
From Late Middle English fabulous, fabulose, from Latin fābulōsus (“celebrated in fable”); Equivalent to fable + -ous.
- IPA(key): /ˈfæbjʊləs/
fabulous (comparative more fabulous, superlative most fabulous)
- Of or relating to fable, myth or legend.
- Characteristic of fables; marvelous, extraordinary, incredible.
- Fictional or not believable; made up.
- (obsolete) Known for telling fables or falsehoods; unreliable.
- (slang) Very good; outstanding, wonderful.
- (slang or euphemistic) Gay or pertaining to gay people.
- (slang) Camp, effeminate.
- (slang) Fashionable, glamorous.
- In the sense of wonderful, the word is sometimes associated with gay men. This may be a result of its former usage among valley girls.
For quotations using this term, see Citations:fabulous.