English Online Dictionary. What means engineering? What does engineering mean?
engineer + -ing
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌɛn(d)ʒɪˈnɪə.ɹɪŋ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌɛn.d͡ʒɪˈnɪ(ə)ɹ.ɪŋ/
- present participle and gerund of engineer
engineering (usually uncountable, plural engineerings)
- (uncountable) The application of mathematics and the physical sciences to the needs of humanity and the development of technology.
- The area aboard a ship where the engine is located.
- Actions controling the motion, shape, and/or substance of any physical object(s).
- Designates office area of the professional engineering staff.
- non-engineering, nonengineering
- applied mathematics
- engineering on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
Unadapted borrowing from English engineering.
engineering n (uncountable)
- engineering in Academia Română, Micul dicționar academic, ediția a II-a, Bucharest: Univers Enciclopedic, 2010. →ISBN