English Online Dictionary. What means eating? What does eating mean?
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈiːtɪŋ/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈitɪŋ/, [ˈiɾɪŋ]
- Rhymes: -iːtɪŋ
- Hyphenation: eat‧ing
- present participle of eat
eating (not comparable)
- Bred to be eaten.
- Suitable to be eaten without being cooked.
- eating apple
eating (countable and uncountable, plural eatings)
- The act of ingesting food.
- (informal, dialectal) Food; cooking, cuisine.
- The act of corroding or consuming some substance.
- (ingesting food): dining, consuming, consumption
- giante, ingate, tagine, tangie, teaing