English Online Dictionary. What means daddy? What does daddy mean?
From dad + -y.
- enPR: dăd'i, IPA(key): /ˈdædi/
- Rhymes: -ædi
daddy (plural daddies)
- (usually childish) Father.
- Synonyms: dad, dada, papa, pop; see also Thesaurus:father
- (informal, with article) A perfect example, a role model.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:exemplar
- the daddy of them all
- (informal, in early use chiefly African-American Vernacular) A male lover.
- (dated slang) An informal term of address for a man.
- (BDSM, sexual slang) A dominant male partner, often used as an address.
- (slang) A male juvenile delinquent in a reformatory who dominates the other inmates through threats and violence.
daddy (third-person singular simple present daddies, present participle daddying, simple past and past participle daddied)
- (transitive, chiefly Appalachia) To father; to sire.
daddy (comparative daddier, superlative daddiest)
- (slang, uncommon) Resembling or characteristic of a dad.
- mom (Canada, South Africa, US, West Midlands)
- mommy (Canada, US)
- Jonathon Green (2023), “daddy n.”, in Green's Dictionary of Slang