English Online Dictionary. What means yeah? What does yeah mean?
Colloquial/dialectal form of yea or yes.
- IPA(key): [jɛə̯], [jɛ.ə], or [jæə̯]
- Rhymes: -ɛə
yeah (not comparable)
- (informal) Yes. [from 19th c.]
- (agreement): yes, yep, yup, aye, ya, yea, uh-huh
- (joy): hurrah, hurray, woohoo, yay, yippee
Note: Many languages have no equivalent of this word; in those cases, the translations given here are for yes.
- Expressing joy, celebration, glee, etc.
- Yeah! We did it!
- yeah right
- Haye, haye, heya