English Online Dictionary. What means wherever? What does wherever mean?
From where + ever
- (General American) IPA(key): /(h)wɛɹˈɛvɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /wɛəˈɹɛvə/
- Rhymes: -ɛvə(ɹ)
wherever (not comparable)
- An emphatic form of where.
- Wherever have you been all my life?
- Used emphatically, wherever may be two words (where ever) when used in questions, though the single word is more common, especially in US usage.
- In or to whatever place; anywhere.
- In all places; everywhere.
- thereabout, thereafter, thereagainst, thereat, thereby, therefor, therefore, therefrom, therein, thereinafter, thereof, thereon, thereto, theretofore, thereunder, thereunto, thereupon, therewith, therewithal
- hereabout, hereafter, hereat, hereby, herein, hereinafter, hereinbefore, hereinto, hereof, hereon, hereto, heretofore, hereunto, hereunder, hereupon, herewith
- whereabouts, whereas, whereafter, whereat, whereby, wherefore, wherefrom, wherein, whereinto, whereof, whereon, whereto, whereunder, whereupon, wherever, wherewith, wherewithal