English Online Dictionary. What means validation? What does validation mean?
From Middle French validation. Morphologically validate + -ion
- IPA(key): /ˌvæl.əˈdeɪ.ʃən/
validation (countable and uncountable, plural validations)
- The act of validating something.
- Something, such as a certificate, that validates something; attestation, authentication, confirmation, proof or verification.
- The process whereby others confirm the validity of one's emotions.
- (US) The process of identifying a new prisoner's gang affiliation.
valider + -ation
- IPA(key): /va.li.da.sjɔ̃/
validation f (plural validations)
- “validation” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).