English Online Dictionary. What means valentine? What does valentine mean?
From Saint Valentine's Day (“day of celebration of romantic love”).
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈvaləntaɪn/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈvæləntaɪn/
valentine (plural valentines)
- An expression of affection, especially romantic affection, usually in the form of greeting card, gift, or message given the object of one's affection, especially on February 14th.
- Such an extravagant valentine was unexpected.
- A person to whom a valentine is given or from whom it is received, especially on February 14th.
- Won't you be my valentine?
- Valentine's Day
- vinegar valentine
valentine f pl
- plural of valentina