English Online Dictionary. What means ultimately? What does ultimately mean?
ultimate + -ly
- IPA(key): /ˈʌltɪmətli/
- Hyphenation: ul‧tim‧ate‧ly
ultimately (not comparable)
- Indicating the last item.
- Synonyms: at last, finally, in the end; see also Thesaurus:lastly
- Indicating the most important action.
- Synonyms: at the end of the day, when all is said and done; see also Thesaurus:fundamentally
- (linguistics) Used to indicate the etymon at which a given etymological derivation terminates.
- Synonym: terminal etymon
- ultimately at OneLook Dictionary Search