English Online Dictionary. What means talking? What does talking mean?
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /tɔːkɪŋ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /tɔkɪŋ/
- (cot–caught merger, Canada) IPA(key): /tɑkɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -ɔːkɪŋ
- Hyphenation: talk‧ing
From Middle English talkynge, equivalent to talk + -ing.
talking (countable and uncountable, plural talkings)
- The action of the verb talk.
- Anthony Trollope, Can You Forgive Her?
- He did not himself care for the loose little talkings, half flat and half sharp, of men when they meet together in idleness.
From Middle English talkyng, talkynge, equivalent to talk + -ing.
- present participle of talk