English Online Dictionary. What means subsequent? What does subsequent mean?
Borrowed from Middle French subséquent , from Latin subsequentis, form of subsequēns, present participle of subsequor (“I follow, I succeed”).
- IPA(key): /ˈsʌbsɪkwənt/, /ˈsʌbsəkwənt/
subsequent (not comparable)
- Following in time; coming or being after something else at any time, indefinitely.
- Following in order of place; succeeding.
- (following in order): next; see also Thesaurus:subsequent
- (following in order): preceding; see also Thesaurus:former