English Online Dictionary. What means remaining? What does remaining mean?
- IPA(key): /ɹɪˈmeɪnɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -eɪnɪŋ
- present participle of remain
- They will be remaining behind. (progressive)
- My remaining at the beach house kept it from being vandalized. (gerund)
- The remaining paint shall be properly disposed of. (participle used as adjective)
remaining (plural remainings)
- (uncountable, now obsolete or in theology) An act or occurrence by which someone or something remains
- (countable, rare) remnant.
- Also used as gerund.
remaining (not comparable)
- Which remains, especially after something else has been removed.
- May I have the only remaining cake?