English Online Dictionary. What means priority? What does priority mean?
From Old French priorite, from Latin prioritas.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /pɹaɪˈɒɹɨti/
- (General American) enPR: prī-ôrʹĭ-tē, IPA(key): /pɹaɪˈɔɹɪ̈ti/
- Rhymes: -ɒɹɪti
- Hyphenation: pri‧or‧i‧ty
priority (countable and uncountable, plural priorities)
- An item's relative importance.
- A goal of a person or an organisation.
- The quality of being earlier or coming first compared to another thing; the state of being prior.
- (taxonomy, of a name) A superior claim to use by virtue of being validly published at an earlier date.
- (obsolete) Precedence; superior rank.
- (state of being prior): See Thesaurus:anteriority
- (superior rank): dignity, eminence, seniority, superiority