English Online Dictionary. What means obviously? What does obviously mean?
obvious + -ly
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɑ(b).vi.əs.li/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɒ(b).vɪəs.li/
- Hyphenation: ob‧vi‧ous‧ly
obviously (comparative more obviously, superlative most obviously)
- In an obvious or clearly apparent manner.
- She was in floods of tears and obviously very upset.
- (colloquial) Used as a filler word, or to introduce information even when not obvious.
- You weren't to know, but I've spoken to, obviously, Jim about this, and ...
- (in an obvious manner): apparently, clearly, evidently, manifestly, obvi; see also Thesaurus:obviously