English Online Dictionary. What means java? What does java mean?
From Java, an island on and near which a particular blend of coffee is made. The US use of the term to refer to any coffee originated in San Francisco, an early center of the US coffee trade.
java (countable and uncountable, plural javas)
- A blend of coffee imported from the island of Java.
- (US, colloquial) Coffee in general.
- A dance popular in France in the early 20th century.
java f pl
- plural of javë
java f (4th declension)
- (construction) mortar (building material)
- IPA(key): /jǎːʋa/
- Hyphenation: ja‧va
jáva f (Cyrillic spelling ја́ва)
- the state opposite of the sleeping or dreaming state, wakefulness
- “java” in Hrvatski jezični portal