English Online Dictionary. What means identifier? What does identifier mean?
identify + -er
identifier (plural identifiers)
- Someone who identifies; a person who establishes the identity of.
- Something that identifies or uniquely points to something or someone else.
- A guidebook that helps determine the specific class of an object (such as a mushroom, herb, fish, bird, drug, or mineral), or its individual identity (such as that of a star).
- (programming, operating systems) A formal name used in source code to refer to a variable, function, procedure, package, etc. or in an operating system to refer to a process, user, group, etc.
- (HTML) A code that distinguishes a particular element from all other elements in a document.
- (databases) A primary key.
- identifier on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
From Vulgar Latin *identificare.
- IPA(key): /i.dɑ̃.ti.fje/
- to identify
- to log in
- “identifier” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).