English Online Dictionary. What means identification? What does identification mean?
From French identification.
- IPA(key): /ɪˌdɛntɪfɪˈkeɪʃən/, /aɪˌdɛntɪfɪˈkeɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- Hyphenation: iden‧ti‧fi‧ca‧tion
identification (countable and uncountable, plural identifications)
- The act of identifying, or proving to be the same.
- Much education and experience is required for proper identification of bird species
- The state of being identified.
- A particular instance of identifying something.
- information necessary to make a good identification
- A document or documents serving as evidence of a person's identity.
- The authorities asked for his identification
- A feeling of support, sympathy, understanding or belonging towards somebody or something.
- identification on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
From the Late Latin verb identificare.
- IPA(key): /i.dɑ̃.ti.fi.ka.sjɔ̃/
identification f (plural identifications)
- “identification” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).