English Online Dictionary. What means graphic? What does graphic mean?
- graphick (obsolete)
From Latin graphicus (“belonging to painting or drawing”), from Ancient Greek γραφικός (graphikós, “belonging to painting or drawing, picturesque, of or for writing; of style, lively”), from γραφή (graphḗ, “drawing, painting, writing, a writing, description, etc.”), from γράφω (gráphō, “scratch, carve”) (cognate with English carve).
- IPA(key): /ˈɡɹæfɪk/
- Rhymes: -æfɪk
graphic (comparative more graphic, superlative most graphic)
- Drawn, pictorial.
- Vivid, descriptive, often in relation to depictions of sex or violence.
- (geology) Having a texture that resembles writing, commonly created by exsolution, devitrification and immiscibility processes in igneous rocks.
- graphic granite
- graphics card
graphic (plural graphics)
- A drawing or picture.
- (mostly in plural) A computer-generated image as viewed on a screen forming part of a game or a film etc.
- I've just played this new computer game: the graphics are amazing.
- graphic art
- graphic in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- graphic in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- graphic at OneLook Dictionary Search