English Online Dictionary. What means facing? What does facing mean?
- IPA(key): /ˈfeɪsɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -eɪsɪŋ
facing (not comparable)
- (rail transport, of points and crossovers) Diverging in the direction of travel.
- facing points
facing (plural facings)
- The most external portion of exterior siding.
- (sewing) Fabric applied to a garment edge on the underside.
- (metalworking) A powdered substance, such as charcoal or bituminous coal, applied to the face of a mould, or mixed with the sand that forms it, to give a fine smooth surface to the casting.
- (military, in the plural) The collar and cuffs of a military coat, commonly of a different colour from the rest of the coat.
- (military, usually in the plural) The movement of soldiers by turning on their heels to the right, left, or about.
- present participle of face