English Online Dictionary. What means fabulous? What does fabulous mean?
Borrowed from Latin fābulōsus (“celebrated in fable”).
- IPA(key): /ˈfæbjʊləs/
fabulous (comparative more fabulous, superlative most fabulous)
- Of or relating to fable, myth or legend.
- Characteristic of fables; marvelous, extraordinary, incredible.
- Fictional or not believable; made up.
- (obsolete) Known for telling fables or falsehoods; unreliable.
- (slang) Very good; outstanding, wonderful.
- (slang or euphemistic) Gay or pertaining to gay people.
- (slang) Camp, effeminate.
- (slang) Fashionable, glamorous
- In the sense of wonderful, the word may become associated with gay men. This may be the direct result of its former usage among valley girls.
For quotations using this term, see Citations:fabulous.