English Online Dictionary. What means ebony? What does ebony mean?
From earlier hebeny, from Middle English ebenif, hebenyf (influenced by Late Latin hebeninus), from Ecclesiastical Latin ebenius (“of ebony”), from Latin hebenus (“ebon tree”), from Ancient Greek ἔβενος (ébenos), from Egyptian hbnj,
- (UK, US) IPA(key): /ˈɛb.ən.i/
ebony (usually uncountable, plural ebonies)
- (uncountable) A hard, dense, deep black wood from various subtropical and tropical trees, especially of the genus Diospyros.
- (countable) A tree that yields such wood.
- (countable and uncountable) A deep, dark black colour.
- (slang, countable) A black key on a piano or other keyboard instrument.
ebony (comparative more ebony, superlative most ebony)
- Made of ebony wood.
- A deep, dark black colour.
- Dark-skinned; black; especially in reference to African-Americans.
- 2004, "Alyssa", Ebony Girls Need Attention (on newsgroup alt.sex.escorts)
- Want to watch my gorgeous ebony friend, Almond Joy, naked and online 24/7? She recently ended a long-term relationship and is now fully enjoying being a 25 year-old single gal in Beverly Hills.
- ebony on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Boney, Boyne, Bynoe, boney