English Online Dictionary. What means easily? What does easily mean?
From Middle English esiliche, equivalent to easy + -ly.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈiːzɪli/
- (UK, US) IPA(key): /ˈiː.zə.liː/, /ˈiː.zɪ.liː/
easily (comparative easilier or more easily, superlative easiliest or most easily)
- Comfortably, without discomfort or anxiety.
- Without difficulty.
- Carried somehow, somewhither, for some reason, on these surging floods, were these travelers, of errand not wholly obvious to their fellows, yet of such sort as to call into query alike the nature of their errand and their own relations. It is easily earned repetition to state that Josephine St. Auban's was a presence not to be concealed.
- (colloquial, not comparable) Absolutely, without question.
- Alternative form of esiliche
- “esili (adv.)” in MED Online, Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 2007, retrieved 6 August 2018.