English Online Dictionary. What means ears? What does ears mean?
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪɹz/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪəz/
- plural of ear
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of ear
- AREs, ARSE, Ares, ERAs, Ersa, SERA, ares, arse, eras, rase, reas, sare, sear, sera
From Proto-Germanic *arsaz, from Proto-Indo-European *h₃érsos, *ors-. Cognate with Old Frisian ers (West Frisian ears), Old Saxon ars, Old High German ars (German Arsch), Old Norse ars, rass (Icelandic and Norwegian rass), and more distantly with Old Armenian ոռ (oṙ, “ass”), and (Modern) Greek ουρά (ourá, “tail”).
- IPA(key): /æɑ̯rs/, [æɑ̯rˠs]
ears m (nominative plural earsas)
- the arse; the buttocks or anus
- Middle English: ers
- English: arse, ass
- Scots: ers