English Online Dictionary. What means darwin? What does darwin mean?
Named after Charles Darwin, coined by J.B.S. Haldane in 1949.
darwin (plural darwins)
- A unit of evolutionary change in evolutionary biology.
- 2010, Sahotra Sarkar, Anya Plutynski, A Companion to the Philosophy of Biology (page 177)
- For instance, gradual change is relatively common in vertebrates (about .08 darwins), though some rapidly evolving vertebrates lineages show rates as high as 10 darwins, over short periods.
- d (abbreviation)
- Darwin (unit) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- draw in, drawin', indraw, inward