English Online Dictionary. What means dairy? What does dairy mean?
Origin 1250–1300 (Middle English daierie and other forms), from dey (“dairymaid”) + -ery.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈdɛəɹi/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈdɛəɹi/, /ˈdɛɹ.i/
- Rhymes: -ɛəɹi
dairy (plural dairies)
- A place, often on a farm, where milk is processed and turned into products such as butter and cheese.
- A dairy farm.
- A shop selling dairy products.
- (also dairy products or dairy produce) Products produced from milk.
- (New Zealand) A corner-store, superette or 'mini-mart' of some description.
- milkery (rare)
- dairy farmer
- dairy farming
dairy (not comparable)
- Referring to products produced from milk.
- Referring to the milk production and processing industries.
- (Britain) On food labelling, containing fats only from dairy sources (e.g. dairy ice cream).
- “dairy” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–present.
- diary, yaird