English Online Dictionary. What means calculated? What does calculated mean?
- IPA(key): /ˈkælkjʊleɪtɪd/, /ˈkælkjəleɪtɪd/
- Hyphenation: cal‧cu‧lat‧ed
- simple past tense and past participle of calculate
calculated (comparative more calculated, superlative most calculated)
- Arrived at or determined by mathematical calculation; ascertained mathematically.
- The calculated total appeared to be wrong.
- Carefully thought out or planned.
- We made a calculated decision not to visit them on the first day, in case we seemed too eager.
- A calculated campaign of disinformations
- Tobacco companies develop carefully calculated media campaigns.