English Online Dictionary. What means atomic? What does atomic mean?
atom + -ic
- (General Australian) enPR: əˈtŏm.ĭk, IPA(key): /əˈtɔm.ɪk/
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: əˈtŏm.ĭk, IPA(key): /əˈtɒm.ɪk/
- (General American) enPR: əˈtä.mĭk, IPA(key): /əˈtɑː.mɪk/
- Rhymes: -ɒmɪk
atomic (not comparable)
- (physics, chemistry) Of or relating to atoms; composed of atoms; monatomic.
- Of or employing nuclear energy or processes.
- Infinitesimally small.
- Unable to be split or made any smaller.
- (computing) Of an operation: guaranteed to complete either fully or not at all while waiting in a pause, and running synchronously when called by multiple asynchronous threads.
- molecular (1)
atomic (plural atomics)
- (computing) An atomic operation.
- -o-matic, matico