English Online Dictionary. What means abc? What does abc mean?
- IPA(key): /abeseː/, [æb̥eˈseːˀ]
abc c (singular definite abc'en, plural indefinite abc'er)
- ABC (a primer for teaching the Latin alphabet and first elements of reading; the rudiments of any subject)
After the first three letters of the Latin alphabet.
- IPA(key): /aː.beːˈseː/
abc n (uncountable)
- Synonym: alfabet
- IPA(key): /a.be.se/
abc m (plural abc)
- ABC, basics, fundamentals, rudiments
Borrowed from English.
abc m (invariable)
- ABC, alphabet
- Synonym: abbiccì
- Alternative form of abece
The first three letters of the Norwegian alphabet, A, B and C.
- IPA(key): /ɑːbɛˈseː/
- Rhymes: -eː
- Hyphenation: a‧b‧c
- Homophone: ABC
abc f or m (definite singular abc-a or abc-en, indefinite plural abc-er, definite plural abc-ene)
- an ABC (a primer for teaching the Latin alphabet and first elements of reading and spelling)
- Synonyms: abc-bok, stavebok
- (figuratively) basic knowledge of a subject
- vitenskapens og politikkens abc
- the ABC's of science and politics
- a textbook that contains elementary knowledge within a topic or subject
- Synonyms: grunnbok, lærebok
- (rare) alphabet (the set of letters used when writing in a language)
Most often capitalised, except for the inflected endings.
The first letter of each term; atom, biologisk and kjemisk, borrowed from English English atomic, biological and chemical.
- (weaponry) Initialism of atom-, biologisk and kjemisk: ("atomic, biological and chemical") the three main categories of weapons of mass destruction.
- “abc” in The Bokmål Dictionary.
- “abc” in Det Norske Akademis ordbok (NAOB).
abc f (definite singular abc-a, indefinite plural abc-er, definite plural abc-ene)
- ABC (often in book form)
Often capitalised, except for the inflected part.
- “abc” in The Nynorsk Dictionary.
- IPA(key): /aˈbɛ.t͡sɛ/
abc n (indeclinable)
- 101 (basic knowledge)
- Synonyms: abecadło, alfabet, elementarz, podstawa
- abc in Polish dictionaries at PWN
- abecê, á-bê-cê
abc m (plural abcs)
- ABC (alphabet)
- ABC (rudiments)
abc m (plural abcs)
- Alternative form of abecé
- “abc” in Diccionario de la lengua española, Vigésima tercera edición, Real Academia Española, 2014.